Marketing Automation Workflow
In order to have a successful business workflow management system, some businesses still need to set up a marketing automation workflow and workflow processes set up for success. This includes an auto email sender.
Is this you?
Some of these businesses are struggling to figure out how to implement what they need, or have started and need help to make it run smoothly. And some are looking into the process to decide how to do it and what they need, especially the auto email sender portion. Let’s try to help you in this process.
WHAT IS MARKETING AUTOMATION WORKFLOW?
The technical answer is that marketing automation is the use of technology to automate manual tasks based on a set of rules or conditions. These can vary in size and complexity and can work in many departments in your business if needed. Each company’s business workflow management will be different, depending upon your needs and customer base. It is your customer’s journey and experience with your company.
If you have not yet approached getting this set up in your business, then you are probably marketing your business manually. Now you want to automate it to save time and money. The first step is figuring out the marketing automation workflow. What are your steps? Ask yourself:
- What are the different touchpoints in the customer lifecycle?
- When they visit your website or call your business?
- When they subscribe to your newsletter or download an ebook or register for a webinar?
- What do you want to trigger as the next step or steps?
- Do you send a follow-up email or trigger a follow-up call from your sales team? Map out each of these step-by-step – if they click, if they don’t. What path will your workflow take?
- What are all of the next steps in your customer journey? When they click on your email or answer your call? When they don’t? The actions in your workflow are triggered by conditions for the next steps. This is made simple to accomplish with an auto email sender.
It’s a process to go through these steps to map it out, and a necessary one for a successful marketing automation workflow. Remember, these all need to be automated, but appear natural and customer-friendly. Don’t spam them. Don’t harass them. You want to be building the relationship and make them want to do business with you.
HOW IS MARKETING AUTOMATION WORKFLOW DONE?
First of all, realize that marketing automation is all about using software to automate marketing activities. This is where things can get confusing. You search on the internet for Marketing Automation Software and you get all sorts of results. Where do you start?
Your first step is above, by mapping out your marketing automation processes and workflow processes, and you now have an idea of the types of features you will need from the software you need to purchase. In a lot of cases, you will need more than one program to accomplish all of your tasks. And making them all work together can sometimes be challenging. This is where AUTOMIZE has stepped in for many clients – first helping them figure out what software to use, and then making them all work together smoothly.
EXAMPLES OF AUTO EMAIL SENDER AND WORKFLOW PROCESSES
Many business owners automate repetitive tasks such as email marketing, social media posting, and even ad campaigns — not just for the sake of efficiency, but so they can provide a more personalized experience for their customers.
Here are some other ideas for using your automation.
- Welcome letters
- Surveys and feedback emails
- Birthday messages
- Reminders for events
- Follow up on abandoned carts for eCommerce
- Re-engaging subscribers
- Text or email appointment reminders
The list is endless on what you can automate for your business!
MARKETING AUTOMATION WORKFLOW MUST-HAVES
- A welcome workflow from the first contact of the customer.
- A re-engagement workflow if the customer has been inactive
- If you have eCommerce, a cart abandonment workflow – try to save those sales
- Feedback workflow – get feedback on your customer service or support
- Topic workflow – if you have a customer interested in a specific item, follow up with more on that topic. Usually after a download or webinar
- Lead nurturing workflow -in addition to the topic workflow, lead nurturing can be used to push leads to the next level of your customer journey – upsell.
- Upsell workflow – would your customer want more, add to what they are buying. Show them some options
- Renewal workflow – for subscriptions or memberships
How do I set up my business workflow management and start marketing automation?
Get started with marketing automation software and marketing automation workflow processes in 6 steps
- You need to select the right marketing automation software.
- Set up and integrate it with your CRM if necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with the program and setup. Train any team members that will be using the programs.
- Set up your email templates using your workflow plan
- Set up your workflow triggers
- Run your first campaign
If you need help getting started with your marketing automation workflow setup, or are having difficulties making it all work, give us a call for a free consultation.